Holistic Sex Therapy / Counseling Training Program
Holistic Sex Therapy Training Program
This program offers the very best training in sex therapy, using a holistic lens and a focus on social justice. Our embodied approach is backed by research; you will have some of the best practitioners in the field as instructors and receive a superior education. In this program you will receive over 200 hours of comprehensive training in holistic methods of sex therapy and counseling. See details in the learning paths below. This path is for you if you are already a counselor, therapist or clinician, or you are in the final year of a graduate program. You can begin your program any time. Learning is primarily on-demand, with streaming classes are also required for this program. You may use all of these hours toward AASECT certification requirements*, or simply use our program to greatly enhance your skills, knowledge, and confidence when in practice. ISEE students in this program also receive reduced rates on supervision from a number of AASECT Certified Supervisors. Note: We will now be offering some in-person classes in Tucson, Arizona from November 6-11, 2022 that you may opt into as part of a hybrid program. Ask in our information session for more information.
2021 / 2022 Learning Path For Sex Therapists & Counselors
This program has three parts: 1) Recorded Webinars 2) Take-Home Classes 3) Streaming-Live Classes. Recorded Webinars and Take-Home Classes are in Learning Paths (LP) 1 - 7.
LP 1 - LP 7 are Recorded Webinars and Take-Home Classes (papers). LP1 - LP7 are self-paced and students have two years from the date of enrollment to complete LP1 - LP7. Recorded webinars can be started at anytime and are not dependent on the live-streaming courses.
- Sexological Anatomy. CE: 3
- Revolution: New Ideas in Gender & Orientation. CE: 3
- Erotophobia: Cultural Impacts. CE: 1
- Basics of the AASECT Ethics Code. CE: 3
- Responsive Desire: The Science Behind Come as you are. CE: 1
- Principles of Holistic Sex Education. CE: 2
- How Do I Tell You? Sexual Communication Skills. CE: 3
- Love 1A. CE: 3
ISEE strongly recommends completing LP1 before attending the SAR
Total Recorded Webinars: 8
- Intersections of Sex and Technology. CE: 3
- Sex Research: Reading it, Understanding it, and Putting it to use. CE: 3
- Sex & Psych: The Positives and Pitfalls of Psychiatric Issues in Sexuality. CE: 6
- The Myth of Sex Addiction: A Conversation with David Ley. CE: 1
- Child and Adolescent Sexual Development. CE: 3
- Twenty-Something to Fifty: Adult Sexual Development. CE: 1.5
- Silver Sex: Treasures in Sex and Aging. CE: 3
- Sexual Coercion. CE: 3
- SexAbility: The Impact of Physical and Psychological Challenges on Sexual Well-Being. CE: 6
Total Recorded Webinars: 9
- Troubleshooting Pleasure: Orgasm, Sensual Pay and Sex Toys. CE: 3
- More Tech, More Talking: Evolving Technology & Fidelity Agreements. CE: 1.5
- ADHD After Dark. CE: 1.5
- Alternative Lifestyles: Working with Polyamorous Clients. CE: 3
- Ethics Take-Home Class. CE: 4
- When Sex Goes Wrong: Common Sexual Dysfunctions. CE: 10
Total Recorded Webinars: 6
- Sex Positive Christianity: Countering Sex-Negative Beliefs in Those Who Are Christian. CE: 1.5
- Osunality: African Eroticism and Non-Phallocentric Sex. CE: 1
- Sex Therapy with Orthodox Jewish Populations. CE: 2
- Sex, Status and Money. CE: 1
- Working with Kinky Clients. CE: 2
- Daddy Doms and “Little Girls": Power Dynamics and Age Play. CE: 1
- Perfect Until Cut: The Life of an Intersex Activist. CE: 1
- Muslim Sex Ed: Approaching the Practices of Sex Therapy and Sex Education with North American Muslim People. CE: 1.5
Total Recorded Webinars: 8
- Contraception & STI Update. CE: 3.5
- Pregnancy and Sexuality. CE: 3
- Coming Home: Wounded Veterans and Sexuality Challenges. CE: 3
- Gimme Some Sugar: Sex, Diabetes and Kidney Disease. CE: 1.5
- Sex Under the Influence: Substance Abuse and Sexuality. CE: 3
- Sex and Health Take-Home Class. CE: 10
Total Recorded Webinars: 5
- Educational Skills for Sex Therapists. CE: 2
- Professional Communication Skills. CE: 3
- Theory and Methods of Sex Therapy Take-Home. CE: 12
- Sex and Trauma. CE: 2.5
Total Recorded Webinars: 3
- A History of Sexology. CE: 3
- Surrogate Partner Therapy, an Introduction. CE: 1
- Metamorphosis: Working with Polyamorous Systems Using a Step Family Model. CE: 1
Total Recorded Webinars: 3
Live-Streaming Classes are offered 3 - 4 times per year. You have the power to schedule yourself for times that work for YOU! These classes are not recorded. Participation is required. Classes are facilitated via Zoom.
- SAR (Sexual Attitude Reassessment). CE: 16
- Sex & Culture: Exploring Intersectionality in the Practice of Sex Education & Sex Therapy. CE: 6
- Joy of Intimacy: Communication & Relationship Skills. CE: 6
- Pleasure: Everything You Need to Know. CE: 6
- Sex & Power: BDSM 101. CE: 6
- Sacred Sexuality. CE: 6
- Embodied Homework for Sexual Partners and Holistic Sex Ed Students. CE: 3
- Principles of Holistic Sex Education. CE: 2
- Common Issues in Couples and Partners Sex Therapy. CE: 6
- Sexuality & Trauma: Healing Through Embodiment. CE: 6
- Exceptional Therapist. CE: 18
- Sexuality, Ritual, & Healing. CE: 3
Total Recorded Webinars: 42
Total Take-Home: 3
Total Recorded Webinar & Take-Home CE/Hours: 131
Total Streaming CE/Hours: 84
TOTAL PROGRAM HOURS: 215
Students may enroll at any time. You can begin taking the Recorded Webinars and Take-Home Courses as soon as you enroll in your program. Students will complete the program when they have completed all webinars, take-home classes, and streaming classes. All students can be finished with the requirements in about a year but can take up to two years.
What's the difference between Sex Educator and Sex Therapist?
Watch this video -->
On-line program $5,500
Hybrid program (in-person & on-line classes): $5,995
Payment plans are available with a minimum down payment of $500. We offer 12-month (+$200 admin fee) to 24-month (+$300 admin fee) payment options. To apply to our Holistic Sex Therapy Program, please complete the steps below.
How to enroll to our Holistic Sex Therapy Training Program:
ISEE is committed to creating professionals with an exquisite awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion – not only in sexual health but in all aspects of our human existence.
Partial BIPOC Scholarship
For equity and recognition of the importance of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color as existing and future leaders in the fields of sexual health, sex therapy, sexual wellness, sex education, and reproductive justice, ISEE offers a partial BIPOC Scholarship that takes 10% off tuition. To apply for the partial BIPOC Scholarship and Program, click here.
ACES: Advancing Clinical Education in Sexuality
The ACES certificate is for clinicians (medical, psychotherapy, human services, and others) who wish to have a better understanding of human sexuality from which to practice. ACES instructors are some of the best in the fields of sex therapy and other disciplines. You can begin your program at any time and go at your own pace. All classes offer AASECT CE’s* for those who decide to go on toward a certification or need continuing education hours. (AASECT CE’s are also accepted in many states toward licensure. Please check your state licensing website).
- Erotophobia: Cultural Impacts
- Sexological Anatomy
- Revolution: New Ideas in Gender & Orientation
- Child and Adolescent Sexual Development
- Silver Sex: Treasures in Sex and Aging
- Intersections of Sex and Technology
- Responsive Desire: The Science Behind Come As You Are
- BDSM Basics: Introduction to Kink
- Polyamory 101
- When Sex Goes Wrong: Common Sexual Dysfunctions
Investment: USD $795
Participants can take up to 10 weeks to complete the program. Participants in ACES will receive a digital and printed ACES Certificate upon completion.
This program comes as-is and is not customizable. Upon enrollment, learners may attend Zoom office hours with the Dean of Student Affairs to support their journey. Learners can print out certificates for each class on the go!
Who are the Holistic Sex Therapy Training Programs for?
We see you, we care about you. Be part of the ISEE Community!
ISEE has great opportunities for students to network and learn from each other. You will be welcomed into our Mighty Networks student and alumni social network, weekly peer-to-peer presentations (Webinar Wednesdays), and Student Engagement EXchange (S.E.X.) Events, our Student Activities group.
About AASECT Certification*
AASECT membership is not a requirement for our program, but AASECT CE’s are offered for those who want them. You do not have to want, or apply for, AASECT membership to enroll in any of our programs.
The Holistic Sex Education Training Program includes all Sex Education Training hours (Core Knowledge, Skills Training and SAR) required by AASECT. This includes recorded webinars and take-home courses. HSET provides access to supervision by an AASECT Certified Sexuality Educator Supervisor at a discounted rate.
The SWEET program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 97 CE credits (SASE is excluded) that may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Institute for Sexuality Education & Enlightenment, Provider #11-113-C. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification.
ISEE is an approved organizational provider of AASECT CE’s, Provider #11-113-C. Attainment of AASECT CE’s does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification. For further information please see http://aasect.org or contact email@example.com
If you are located in the United States, you must be 18 years or older to enroll.
Supervision of our work makes us better educators, counselors and therapists. This type of individualized attention pays off handsomely, not only when we are seeking credentials but also in our day-to-day work as a professional.
ISEE offers access to AASECT Certified Supervisors for enrolled Certificate Program students at a discounted rate.